Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dani's Cranberry Relish

I've made this cranberry sauce every year at Thanksgiving since I was 12 or so. I don't know where the recipe came from any more. My cookbook just has a list of ingredients, it's been years since I needed instructions. Make it ahead of time so it can cool all the way. I usually make it the day before Thanksgiving day.

Cranberry Relish
3 cups cranberries (12 oz)
1 cup apple juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 large apple, diced

Mix cranberries, apple juice, and sugar in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until boiling. Add the allspice and diced apple. Boil until most of the cranberries have broken down and the apple is soft, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Sauce will thicken as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment